WordPress 5.8 Beta 2 available
This software is still under development, so it is not recommended to run this version on the production site.
You can test WordPress 5.8 beta 2 in two ways:
- Install / Activate the WordPress Beta Tester plugin.
- Download the Beta directly here (ZIP).
The current target for the final release is July 20, 2021. It’s only five more weeks, so your help is very important to ensure that the final release is as good as possible.
Because beta 1, 26 bugs have been fixed. The following is a summary of some changes included:
- Block Editor: Delete the block pattern bundled and support the pattern directory.
- Block editor: Add property types to allow the core to identify the stylish source editor.
- Build / Test Tools: Add a few tests for the draft section quickly on the dashboard.
- Build / Test Tools: replaced @ Babylon / Polyfill with core-JS / stable.
- Standard coding: update further code for bulk menu items removed to follow the WordPress coding standards.
- External Library: Update Underscore to version 1.13.1.
- General: Several editor blocks, template modes and repairs related to the widget screen.
- Login and registration: Increase the error message name of an unknown user.
- Media: Restore the form of AJAX response data in the media library.
- Site Health: Show a list of file formats supported by the GD Library.
- Twemoji: This is the new one!